Everyone has the right to contact their local Member of Parliament (MP) to raise an issue of concern.
The ‘Hands Off’ campaign aims to influence both existing and future governments; and all MPs who have a vote in UK Parliament.
We therefore encourage you to contact your local MP asking them to oppose any cuts to universal pensioner benefits using the form below.
Please consider the following suggestions when drafting your message:
- Explain why you are supporting the ‘Hands Off’ campaign.
- Be personal – how would you/your older relative survive without the Winter Fuel Payment/Bus Pass/Free Prescriptions/Free TV License?
- Encourage your MP to represent your views in UK Parliament now and (if elected) after the general election.
- Ask for a meeting if you wish to discuss the matter further.
- Thank them for taking the time to read your email.